[MUD-Dev] Public Archives (META: Making the list public?)

Brandon Gillespie brandon at roguetrader.com
Thu Jul 17 14:44:58 CEST 1997

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:
> A)  Should the archives be requestable or browsable by non-members?
> Note that this effectively makes ever poster's email address open.

No reason to.  The archiving system I have for all of the Cold lists masks
the email address so you never see them when viewed from the web (not only
does it mask the address in the header, it also masks any email address in
the body of the message). While the system is a hack on a hack slowly
built up, and could definitely use a rewrite, its trivial to do implement,
and if you need I can either give you the code or make the archives
available on my site..

To see an example, look at:

   http://www.cold.org/info/lists

-Brandon Gillespie