[MUD-Dev] META: Making the list public?

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Fri Jul 18 00:41:21 CEST 1997

> From: Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl>
>
> I would recommend requiring a little more active cooperation from the
> members of this list. If you start a subject you also become responsible
> for it. This means that you have to provide a summary of the discussion
> on the archive site (should there be one). Summaries are more easily
> accessible and can be used to cut out debates that have been held on
> the list before. Or if somebody thinks of a new angle for an old sub-
> ject she can refer to the summary.
> Of course behind the summaries there should be the original posts avail-
> able as well so if there is doubt about the conclusions in the summary
> there is still access to the literal text.

This is an interesting idea.  I like it.  JCL mentioned his desire to
do something similar with some of the older threads but because of the
time dragon it might never come to pass.  No reason it couldn't be done
by any active member with an interest in the thread.

Perhaps I'll do this with the RP vs GP thread.
Just kidding, lower your weapons. ;)

JL