[MUD-Dev] Motivating people

Huibai ashen at pixi.com
Thu Jul 24 22:37:36 CEST 1997

[[List Owner Note: Original message fragmented at this point
by broken mail server.  Message re-assembled.  One or more
lines may be missing at this point.]]

: :Am I expecting too much?

: So, I would say that if you want activity on your mailing list, you're
: going to have to find something that interests the list members, and
: start a discussion - something a bit controversial, but not too much
: so.  And no, its not going to be easy, and all your effort could be for
: nothing if you don't get lucky in your topic and handling of it.

Since it seems no one's done any work for a while, here's a
suggestion:  Post that you're thinking about closing down the
mud and deleting all the characters 'because it doesn't seem
like we're getting anywhere'.  Then sit back and let 2 full days
of opinion remain unchecked until you respond with "J/K guys."

=] John G.
(the above suggestion is serious!  I personally would not be
 jesting about at least getting rid of the folks who aren't active
 on the 'team'.  they would get the picture or i'd do it.  but i don't
 know your whole situation.  best of luck to you, Greg)