[MUD-Dev] Graphic MUDS.

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Tue Jul 29 23:28:43 CEST 1997

At 11:23 PM 7/29/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:

>syntax is structured), or :sulks. Very simple expressional terms - but
>unavailable in many things people would protest as 'muds'.

And yet often avaiolable in chat rooms which are NOT seen as MUDS.

I actually hadn't meant to open thsi discussion BUT sicne we did...

To me the definign characteristic of a MUD is the goal-- to simulate an
environment in which "players" interact as characters of soem sort.

The chat room doesnt do it by my definitio nbecause there has been no
effort put into teh simulation part at all.

My 2 cents.

JK

>Of course, you can take this tack with a number of commands - get, drop,
>look [at] <object> and so forth.
>
>Regards,
>	-Matt Chatterley
>	http://user.itl.net/~neddy/index.html
>"Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's
>	mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them." -George Orwell

Jeff Kesselman
Snr. Game Integration Engineer
TEN -- The Total Entertainment Network -- www.ten.net

Speak Geek!