[MUD-Dev] Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jun 1 22:56:57 CEST 1997

> From: Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com>
>
> Others however pwoergame because they want the ffelign of control over others.
> These are the  immature personalities that cause problems... they are
> tryign to make up for soem lack or problem in their own lives... be that
> the typical teenage feelign of pwerlessness or actual abused people
> perpetuating abuse on others (and yes, I have actrually seen both), or soem
> other personal issue...

I disagree totally of your assessment or implication of who the powergamer
is or could be.  What you illustrate above is NOT the province of the
mentally disturbed IMO.  It falls within the realm of normal human nature
and occurs within immersive RP environments as well as game environments.

There are some who believe some amount of social engineering is necessary
to produce the perfect happy human robot.  I find this tyranny to be....

I had better shut up now since I am apt to create a very strong signal
of white noise....
(back to topic)

I do agree that RPers and Gameplayers cannot exist for long in the same
mud.  My P&P experience has born this out.  I think this thread also
bears this out.  The same sort of discussion that this thread has produced,
has also been produced on many a mud that I've been on that has tried to
please both camps of players.  Both camps find the others style of play
disruptive/stupid/irritating.

JL