[MUD-Dev] Life

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Wed Jun 4 22:10:49 CEST 1997

At 08:21 PM 6/4/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>In <3.0.32.19970603110403.008f83c0 at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 06/03/97
>   at 07:14 PM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:
>
>>...In contrast, in a PvP
>>situation, the other players' goal is generally NOT to amuse the
>>player they are attacking, it is to amuse THEMSELVES at the potential
>>expense of the other player.
>
>However this very process of amusing themselves _can_ be amusing to
>the other players.  There is the case where the players of a PvP game
>are mutually amused attempting each other's destruction.  Doom arenas
>often fit into this category as you are so fond of referencing.  The

I dleted the rest of this because I saw no reason to quote is just to say
"yep, I agree".

Yep, and i agree.  That works in an environment where everyone is agreed
that this IS the game they are playing.  heavy roleplayers will then not
try to play in teh style we have been discussing within that environment
(mostly, they jsut wont play, but thats another issue.)

This is why i feel so strongly you must define the game.

JK