[MUD-Dev] Room-based vs. coordinate-based

Brandon J. Rickman ashes at pc4.zennet.com
Mon Jun 16 01:13:55 CEST 1997

From: clawrenc at cup.hp.com
>Marian asked a similar question.  I'll attempt to recap later today or
>tomorrow.

I was working on a summary and/or a response to the last message (something
about travelling salesmen) but the sudden dropoff in posts seems fishy.
I'll wait for the recap, then re-recap whatever might be missing.

I think I did say something originally about how neighborhoods don't really
deal with differently scaled objects.  I suppose a flea-sized object might
perceive a sofa as the size of a mountain, but resolving the problem for
flea-sized (or giant sized) objects implies that the world will need an
equal amount of flea/giant objects for the extra work to pay off.  Or
to be truly unhelpful: "That's just a client problem."

- Brandon
ashes at zennet.com