[MUD-Dev] RP=MUSH/PG=MUD

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Sat Jun 21 20:19:07 CEST 1997

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997 12:36:05 PST8PDT, Adam Wiggins
<nightfall at inficad.com> wrote:

>Sometimes pen and paper RPGs 'forbid' (haha) the
>players from knowing the DM's rules...what was that old one where if
>any play demonstrated any knowledge of the game rules, the other players
>were supposed to turn and blow them away?

Paranoia.

Trust the computer. The computer is your friend. You are in errer. 2 + 2
now equals 3.5987231 - please recalibrate your equipment accordingly.

The intent there was to get across that the game was supposed to be fun,
and that longwinded discussions of the rules and what was supposed to
happen and relying on statistics and skill ratings were ultimately
destructive to the game.

 I am here to grind your eyes harder into the miasmic bile of life; to
 show you the truth and the beauty in the whisper of steel on silk and
 the crimson scent of blood as it rises to meet the caress of a blade.