[MUD-Dev] Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Sun Jun 22 18:21:35 CEST 1997

At 04:21 PM 6/22/97 PST8PDT, Matt Chatterly wrote:

>> > Flesh, bone, etc etc are all constant density, material, makeup and so
>> > forth.
>> > Here's some more questions on these same topics (I'm not a scientist,
>> > nor do I have any formal education beyond high school) -
>> > Why are the largest sea creatures so much larger than the largest land
>> > creatures?
>>
>> In the case of dragons, if I desired to look at this from a layman's
>> scientific point of view, is it not conceivable that these creatures
>> somehow convert food/water/air into hydrogen which is stored internally.
>> This would account for their ability to attain a large size, fly and
>> breath fire.
>
>Hmm, perhaps if their stomach acids were a little different to ours, and

This kind of approach has been well developed by Macaffrey in The
Draongriders of pern series.

Persoanlly, the approach ot Dragon's I liek best was in the fantasy sectio
nopf the multi genre game TORG.  It developed it much furtherb then they
did, but basicly dragons were elementals and inhearently magical.

In a world of undead and such this seems perfectly reasonable to me.

JK