[MUD-Dev] RP=MUSH/PG=MUD

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Sun Jun 22 23:37:05 CEST 1997

On Sun 22 Jun, Jon A. Lambert wrote:

> > Marian spaketh:

To make my problems more clear I underlined all words I'm not certain of
their meaning...

                      ------       ---( I know each of the words above
                                        individually, but together? )----
                    ------------------------- (rest isn't too clear either)
> they are only manipulated by the server language.  It is my opinion that
> complex languages like C, C++, Java, LPC and Cold are too difficult to
 ....                    (I think I have heard of some of the above)
> learn by my builders which tend to be strictly non-programmers although
> very creative and smart people.
The same is true for me. I have this ability of not understanding
programming I'm afraid. Whether I'm creative and smart I won't claim
for myself.
     -----------------         --- -------           (not sure what this
> interfaces and the language used by them will be minimal and integrated
means either)
> into the building interface.  This will probably end up resembling a
           ------------------
> Visual Basic IDE environment (*giggle*).  Controls which represent
  ...... ..... --- <- is all that one thing?)
   --------- (this is that thing in aeroplanes isn't it?)
> objects, rooms and NPCs.  They will have properties boxes for minimal
                                           ----------------
> tailoring.

I know  I don't understand a great deal about computers  and programming
and thing and it doesn't bother me when I can't understand a post to the
list.  It was just that there was so much of it in one post that I could
not understand at all  what you were trying to say.  Usually I manage to
reason around the words I don't know very well but sometimes there's too
many of them in a single line, like in the original post.  That was what
prompted me to write my original reply.
You do not have to bother the rest of the people on this list with a de-
tailed explanation of all of the above.  I'm not too sure if it makes at
all sense to try to explain everything to me. I'm really working on bet-
ter understanding this kind of stuff  but I'm afraid most of the time it
doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.  And I can't help but wonder if
it makes sense for me to learn about it. Should I? for this list?
For now I will leave this thread alone  as being too technical for me to
make a meaningful contribution to it.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,