[MUD-Dev] Room-based vs. coordinate-based

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Mon Jun 23 08:33:06 CEST 1997

On Sun, 22 Jun 1997, Alex Oren wrote:

:Which brings me back to the topic.

:How would I implement the equivalent of room-spoofs in a coordinate-based
:setting?

Nodes of interaction - transparent sublocales with their own coordinate
systems, joined by message/information/object passing barriers. Just spoof
a node. And have your builders place nodes in terms of reasonable
boundaries.

:Have fun,
:Alex

If you need more, I have a 12 page design document on nodes and
boundaries.

  /_  / / ) /_  /_) / ) /| /| / /\            First Light of a Nova Dawn
 /   / / \ /_  /_) / \ /-|/ |/ /_/            Final Night of a World Gone
Nathan F. Yospe - University of Hawaii Dept of Physics - yospe at hawaii.edu