[MUD-Dev] RP=MUSH/PG=MUD

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 26 00:09:23 CEST 1997

> From: Caliban Tiresias Darklock <caliban at darklock.com>
>
> > for whatever reason.  As happens I also know that more than one member
> > here is also a big levels fan.
>
> I think that something many of us forget is that all views and
> structures are appropriate for certain things. The level-based system
> carries with it the associated idea that if a person is class X and
> level Y, that's all you need to save -- class and level will determine
> his abilities just fine.

[snipped rest of levels discussion]

I'm a big fan of levels.  The problem with me using the term is that
it contains all of the assumptions you made.  But my representation,
use and effects on the game-play are completely different than what
is assumed.  I just can't think of a better terminology for it.
In any event, I've deciding not to bother with displaying it, lest
players make any assumptions.

JL