[MUD-Dev] The Difference between..

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Mon Jun 30 13:49:41 CEST 1997

In <3.0.2.32.19970622125646.00b5415c at mail.tenetwork.com>, on 06/22/97
   at 04:22 PM, Jeff Kesselman <jeffk at tenetwork.com> said:

>Roll playing and Rule playing...

>GM: Awfulness the Evilone waves his arms, a glow emanates from his
>fingertips and around him the trees and shrubs wither and die, as you
>watch the entire graveyard picks up the glow and comes alive as the
>dead crawl out of their crypts. One spots you and croaks
>"BRAAAAIIINSS"!

>Joe Roleplayer: COOL! I scream and hide behind the cleric shouting
>"cast protection from evil!!"

>John Ruleplayer: (Furiously thumbing through the rulebook) "What
>spell is that? I don't see that anywhere..."

>'nuff said

My player response:

  Are they flammable?

  Do they do something interesting if they are burning?

  Are they easily killable?

  Are they affected by water?  What about holy water?

  Do they not like iron?  Copper?  Lead?  Steel?  Tin?

  How about I wet the ground and stick up a lightning rod?

  If I cut one up does it still move?

  How fragile are their body parts?

  Can I frighten them?

  Is there something they want more than me?

  Will they take orders?  From whom?  Why?

  Do they still "live" even if I poke holes thru or more or less
significantly dissassemble them?

  Do they need eyes to see?

  Are they affected by bright lights?

  Etc...