[MUD-Dev] Supporting RP+PG

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Mon Jun 30 15:54:34 CEST 1997

In <199706230514.TAA02643 at mail.pixi.com>, on 06/22/97
   at 10:21 PM, "Huibai" <ashen at pixi.com> said:

>- hiding all statistics. (HP,skills,levels,etc.)
>  health is a graphic % bar.  they've got no idea
>  what their absolute points are, only how hurt
>  out of the whole.

This loses the ugliness of numbers while avoiding the chancy
interpretation of adjectives (just how hurt is "in agony" as vs
"moaning with pain"?)  Essentially you now have a percentage value.
The problem which it chares with all the other general systems is in
evaluating what 20% damage (or whatever) really means in game
functionality.

ie given a stat at XXX level, what can and can't I do because of that
stat?

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com