Issues from the digests and Wout's list

Alex Oren alexo at europa.com
Mon Mar 3 12:13:30 CET 1997

Hello Guys.

I've finally finished sloshing through the digests I've missed (don't ask).

It seems that since we have a new mailing list and some new participants, some
questions are in order.

First, there was some merit in the digest system.
ChrisL, do you think you can implement something similar?

Second, I think that it is fitting that the ones that have working systems will
post their current design description for the benefit of the rest of us.

I know that C&C, Spoofs, Watchers, Affects/affects, etc. have been beaten to
death in the previous (Wout's) incarnation of this list, but some of the later
participants might benefit from a concise summary.

One of the things that were not discussed at length is the issue of parsing and
handling user input.  Could you comment on that too?

Also, there were some yet unfulfilled promises, like: