Just a bit of musing

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sat Mar 8 01:07:48 CET 1997

> From: coder at ibm.net
> If you're taking the JAVA approach and are sufficiently careful with your
> compatability, the client set is then:  *nix/X, Wintel, OS/2 (one of the
> faster VM's), MacOS, Be (pretty soon if my rumours are accurate), MVS and
> TSO via 3270 or 5280, and I'd also expect OpenVMS not too far in the
> future.  That's not a bad set.
Hi Chris,
       I wish to confirm your rumors.  My current shop is running MVS/ESA
5.2
with TCP extensions.  We are eagerly anticipating a Java VM implementation.
All this will be used in intranet apps and I suspect many shops will do the
same.
Therefore I wouldn't worry about supporting us, its bad enough with most
of the users running Win solitaire, let alone mudding. (grin)

JL