Just a bit of musing

Adam Wiggins nightfall at inficad.com
Sat Mar 8 04:06:52 CET 1997

> >:Cf Rogue/Larn/Hack.
>
> >Huh?
>
> Old ASCII map dungeon games.  About the only other in the field I can
> think of is Moria.  However I think I trimmed the wrong quote to go above
> that line...  (Been way under the weather lately)

[offtopic]

>From Moria also descended Angband, which is possibly the only game I
have spent more time playing than any mud.  These games are the ultimate
in playtesting perfection: they've been "under development" for two
decades and continue to be improved by the same people that play them.

There is a mud called 3M whose engine (not sure what mudlib it's based
on) is written to work exactly like Angband.
These games still get quite a bit of play, as well, judging from the
200+ messages a day which filter through the rec.games.roguelike.*
heirarchy.

[now back to your regularly scheduled mud discussion...]