Execution

Sun Mar 23 19:53:46 CET 1997

[Nathan Y:]

[C++ extract for dynamic execution deleted.]

My C++ is sketchy, but I think I followed that. In the basics, it is
pretty similar to mine, although my implementation looks a lot uglier.
I think all schemes that allow mixing of native and interpreted code
are going to have some basic similarities.

I have some questions about your example script, however:

- what is the difference between 'parent' and 'master'? I imagine 'master'
    to be the PC who started it all with 'hunt', but what is 'parent'?
    I imagine it to be the PC or the drone which caused this one to be
    created, but if so, how does a message from a deep descendant get
    back to the master? Hmm. I guess this was just meant as an example,
    given that 'drone:parent()' is being used after it has already been
    verified to be null. Ooops.

- how does it stop? Does 'exits' return all of the exits of the room?
    Is it something to do with the 'addlevel(-1)'?

- are drones actual NPC's? If so, does 'terminate' delete the NPC or
    just stop this execution of its script?

Anyway, thanks for the example - I always like to see snippets of other
people's stuff, just to get the flavour of it.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA