Game easter eggs

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Thu May 8 13:57:09 CEST 1997

Enjoy:

Subject: Re: Crowning....
From: korny at zikzak.net (Kornelis Sietsma)
Newsgroups: rec.games.roguelike.misc

Scott Yost(the Avenger) wrote:

>On 17 Feb 1997 19:45:46 GMT, cweagle at acs.ryerson.ca (The Joker) wrote:
>
>>Hi, I have a few questions on ADOM
>>
>>1.	How important is crowning, and what are the benifits. Also once you've
>>	been crowned by one god, can you change alignment and be crowned
>>	by another?
>
>Changing alignments will result in being seriously smited by your god.
>I've never survived or wanted to try it again after the first time, so
>I'm not sure what happens after that.

Actually, I got one of my favourite messages from doing just that,
when playing around.  I got crowned, and among the benefits, was made
immune to lightning etc.  I then attacked a shopkeeper...

*** warning - humourous ADOM messages spoilers :)  ***

"MORTAL, YE DAREST TO SWITCH THEE ALIGNMENT AFTER *I* HAVE CROWNED YE
TO BE MY CHAMPION?!?"
"DIE FOR THIS SACRILEGE!"

A bolt of black energy hits you!
You seem to be immune to that bolt.

You hear a voice in your mind...
"*DAMN, YOU'LL PAY FOR THIS HUMILIATION, TOO*"

- this had me ROTFLMAO, I must say :)

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com