[MUD-Dev] Introduction

Mon May 12 07:56:31 CEST 1997

[Ling:]
:That looks like my dear old Amiga's list command output.  Don't forget
:programs on the Amiga are teenie weenie, port it to something else and
:it'll mushroom.  I made a paint program in C and it compiled to 5k of
:code.	Hey, Chris, ever tried putting linux on an Amiga?

Nope. I've thought about moving to Linux, but I would get a decent box
to run it on. Right now, its too much of a moving target. I do not want
to spend any time administering an OS - I just want to use one. Folks
at work tell me that right now, Linux is not a good choice for that.

:I don't have a site to run it on or anything like that, I'm running off on
:a shoestring budget and I expect to move around between various boxes
:(linux kind, not cardboard).

Yep! When you work on something just for your own interest, with no
income from it, you have to be concerned with practicalities. I've
finally convinced myself to spend $275 for a used ethernet card, and
will take an old Amiga to work, to put a copy of AmigaMUD on the net.
That's a tough decision to make when it is all your own money!

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA