[MUD-Dev] Introduction

clawrenc at cup.hp.com clawrenc at cup.hp.com
Wed May 14 17:56:44 CEST 1997

In <Pine.SOL.3.95.970514075615.12883B-100000 at sun-cc203>, on 05/14/97
   at 07:45 AM, Ling <K.L.Lo-94 at student.lut.ac.uk> said:

>One of my aims is to be able to run a separate process which can talk
>to the server, run a scenario and then die in the corner.  How to do
>this, I'm not quite sure, either via TCP, then another CPU can take
>the load, or via shared memory, which looks sort of dodgy.

Why have the requirement that it be a sperate process?  Why not have
it created within the MUD DB, and then selectively animated there.
Further add a simple method for DB sections to be exported for import
to another server/DB and Bob's your uncle.

J C Lawrence                           Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                           Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------------(*)               Internet: clawrenc at cup.hp.com