[MUD-Dev] Availability of our stuff

Sat May 17 10:17:51 CEST 1997

[Adam W:]
:> >From what I have seen of what is posted to this list, it seems
:> to be much more high-level than I have got to yet. Also, I really do conside
:> my TinyMUD-only experiences to be a real disadvantage, so I've tried to get
:> into LP- and DIKU-based muds, with varying degrees of success. Perhaps I mig
:> be invited by one of you to visit your mud, and have a look around?
:
:Actually, I'm not aware of anyone here that is actually running a fully
:functioning mud (of course, define 'fully').  Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've finally bitten the bullet, and will soon have my system up so you
folks can pound my work into the ground. :-) I paid $275 for a *used*
Amiga ethernet board, and will be taking an old machine to work and
putting it on the net. The net connection will be good, but the machine
itself is pretty wimpy (25 MHz 68030), so it'll get slow with more than
a few people. I'll send out the details when its all set up. You won't
be able to get the graphics stuff without an Amiga that has a net
connection, unfortunately. Porting to other platforms isn't "fun", so
it hasn't been high on my priority list.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA