[MUD-Dev] Re: Verb binding

Sat May 17 10:29:31 CEST 1997

[Adam W:]

[Flamethrower example]

[Suggestion that the base system should have specific, perhaps harder
to type, commands for most things, and a decent aliasing facility with
which the player can make their own simpler forms.]

I think I like this concept. It also ties in with the discussion going
on about handling ambiguity. As a user I think I prefer to not have
the computer make assumptions for me. I will admit that I'm biased by
being a fairly fast typist! So, my job here will be to make a more
powerful aliasing system, and get rid of a few special-case commands,
and ...

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA