[MUD-Dev] Languages

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Mon May 19 21:38:15 CEST 1997

At 08:03 PM 5/19/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>[Adam W:]
>
>:Regardless of the technology, I know people that have them, and they
>:ROCK the hell out of any modem I have seen.  If nothing else the lack of
>:sudden hangups and other problems with phonelines; but the bandwith
>:is quite good.  I even know someone that's running a mud on one, although
>:it's pretty small (~30 players online at peak times).

back haul bandwidth on any system Ive sen woudl be the same witha
dedicated 28.8 dialup.

The limited beta tests are really not approrpiate tests of the downhaul
bandwidth, either as the lines are FAR from full saturation.

3-5 years after they generally available and cheap we will know the real
story on that.

JK