[MUD-Dev] Languages

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 23 00:35:31 CEST 1997

Chris Gray wrote:

> I've read enough on C++ to know
> that its unlikely I'll ever use it, and I fail to see any contributions
> it has made to the state of the art (fight'n words, I know!). I do need
> to read up on Java, however.

I won't spar with you over languages. I've been in consulting long enough
and mostly on the receiving end of several dozen corporate languages of
choice to not really care any more what the heck they want me to code.
I may whine a little, but resistance is futile.

I'd hate to shock you but much of Java was lifted from C++.
It feels a lot like C++ syntax.  This might cause you some
nausea. :-)

JL