Internal Mud Languages

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Sun May 25 15:18:42 CEST 1997

I have been having struggles of late with Flex++, Bison++ and
PCCTS.  I have seen many examples of grammars of mud internal
languages and other languages.  I must say I really do not
like the code being generated from these utilities and/or would
like to write my own custom scanner, parser and executor.
PCCTS code is the most readable, but I have yet to find a good
example of a simple virtual machine using PCCTS.

I have been attempting to decipher the LCC compiler which
produces native 486 code.  An implementation of C with all it's
semantic/syntax complexities is quite a bit more than I had in
mind.

Can anyone point me to some very basic examples/documentation
of these functions carried out completely?

JL

Some are born to sweet delight, some are born to endless night