[MUD-Dev] Alright... IF your gonan do DESIESE...

Miroslav Silovic silovic at srce.hr
Mon May 26 13:21:49 CEST 1997

> Hmm. My take, contrary to what you might think, is that, beyond a certain
> point, there is no point. And modeling an exact _real_world_ sociology,
> especially with those sort of factors, is a few notches past what I'm
> prepared to do. I mean, what happens to the social model without the Rom
> and the Jews (for Europe alone)? Not to mention the extracontinental
> factors? Physics is one thing, social dynamics is quite another, thank
> you. Too big a can of worms.

Interesting. I think that many MUSHes do fairly good job at modeling
society. In fact, it tends to be their main strength.

However, it's *very* hard to do without player cooperation and realistic
power levels. (i.e. when one player is unkillable by 1,000,000 newbies,
It doesn't make for social stratification).

	Miro