[MUD-Dev] Life

Jeff Kesselman jeffk at tenetwork.com
Tue May 27 12:20:36 CEST 1997

At 10:50 PM 5/25/97 PST8PDT, you wrote:
>On Sat, 24 May 1997 coder at ibm.net wrote:
>Yep, I can confirm this, having died at a mud with permanent death.  I
>just blinked and sat there looking gormless for a bit.  It was a stupid
>death as well, I tried someone a bit bigger and left it on auto, I thought
>I was doing something else, mope.

Hm....

Let me ask yall this...
We're talking abotu death in my project now., originally Iw as of the
attitude, being anold AD&D player "let em deal with the real rules... if
yer under 0 you go unconcious, if yer under -10 yer dead, if ya don't make
yer ressurectio nroll, tough luck.."

HOWEVER there is a social problem in obnoxiosu playeronlien purposely
tryint to hurtother players by killign their characters for no good Rp
reason at all.
ONE suggestio nis to have yo uNEVER go below unconcious by damage doen by
another player...  only mosters can outright kill ya.

Im warmign to this idea m,yself as it means yo uwuill only suffer the
portentially final death on quests or missions, which is far more
satisfyign story-wise.

Comments?