[MUD-Dev] Introductions and

Adam Wiggins nightfall at user2.inficad.com
Sat Nov 22 01:49:19 CET 1997

[Marian Griffith:]
> On Wed 19 Nov, Richard Woolcock wrote:
> > On the mention of sexuality, I am probably going to code in a couple of
> > Flaw - homosexual and bisexual.  Not that I have anything against people
> > of those particular persuasions, but not being able to have children
> > (homosexual) and being able to be seduced by people of either gender
> > (bisexual) are what I consider disadvantages.
>
> This is off topic and I know I should not respond to this, but .. why?

As far as genetics and Uncle Darwin are concerned, any trait which
enhances a being's ability to survive or reproduce is Good, and
any trait which reduces the being's ability to survive or reproduce
is Bad, or a flaw.  Homosexuality is a serious roadblock to reproduction.
Hence, a flaw.  Of course, our society today is such that it really
doesn't matter much, any more than a heterosexual couple choosing to
not have any children does.