[MUD-Dev] games gender bias (Re: Affecting the world)

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Mon Oct 6 20:50:58 CEST 1997

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997 03:37:01 PST8PDT, Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl>
wrote:

>> >(1) there's a well known phrase decency disallows me to use.
>
>> Being an ignorant indecent norwegian: I don't have a clue... :(
>
>Well, it's related to what I'm told is a popular game of boys that
>is called 'who has the biggest'...

It's not popular as far as *I* know. Guys may be concerned with such
things, but generally don't express interest in any sort of comparison.
Has anyone out there actually *played* such a game?

I mean, I don't see the point. There's no potential for advancement,
it's a single-attribute system, and has a terribly limited charter.
Replayability is almost nil. ;>

=+[caliban at darklock.com]=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=[http://www.darklock.com/]+=
"It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more
doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than the creation of a
new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by
the preservation of the old institution, and merely lukewarm defenders in
those who would gain by the new one."                      -- Machiavelli
=+=+=+[We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams]+=+=+=+=