[MUD-Dev] Hard Sci-fi muds was Character evolution

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Tue Sep 2 00:51:12 CEST 1997

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Jeff Kesselman wrote:

:At 08:44 PM 8/31/97 PST8PDT, Brain Peirce wrote:
:>Now all that is left is the design of the generator.   I'll have to
:>think about it for a while, I'm still a bit shocked by your solution.

:lol, thats what they pay me the big bucks for ;)

Just a note here, as someone who has, as they say, "been there".... I only
do this (but, yes, I do do exactly this) on a planetary scale, not an
interplanetary or, heaven forbid, galactic... but the biggest worry here is
repetitiveness. I can circumvent it on a planetary scale, as there are
multiple climates and geographies, and it tends to give a given planet a
certain native feel... but just barely, and not if I don't manage a little
more out of my generation algorithms...

And I only get paid the big bucks for ... um ... quite frankly, I don't.
Not since I quit working DoD contracts. *sigh*

--

"You? We can't take you," said the Dean, glaring at the Librarian.
"You don't know a thing about guerilla warfare." - Reaper Man,