[MUD-Dev] "short" Introductory Message (fwd)

Martin Keegan martin at cam.sri.com
Wed Sep 3 00:07:44 CEST 1997

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 clawrenc at cup.hp.com wrote:

> In <Pine.GSO.3.96.970814035256.31F-100000 at dryslwyn>, on 08/13/97
>    at 07:58 PM, Martin Keegan <martin at cam.sri.com> said:
>
> >The fishermen class? Yes, that's cool. There ARE people who want to
> >sit around all day fishing, though I'm surprised that they like to do
> >it virtually.
>
> Yeppirs.  Per Reese they sit and fish _and_ tell stories.

Aha - this is what I was trying to get at when I started the 'Nation of
Shopkeepers' post - who wants to sit round doing the same thing all day ..
how can you compel players to do boring stuff .. etc

> >I've been thinking a bit recently about what different players get
> >out of muds. I'll start a new thread on that, called Beyond Zork.
>
> <squirm>  You realise that with topic names like that I am going to
> have kill you?

No - I think it's important. If you've got an idea which you want people
to be able to reference easily, you think of a catchy name for it.
"Groundhog day" muds springs to mind.

> >> mud.aus.sig.net 9999
>
> >Ok. I'll check it out.
>
> Hit the web site.  Also check out the skills document and other
> archives.  They've had some good stuff there.

Yes - looked good.

Mk