[MUD-Dev] Usability and interface and who the hell is supposed to be playing, anyway? (Was: PK Again)

Nathan Yospe yospe at hawaii.edu
Fri Sep 19 11:15:44 CEST 1997

On Fri, 19 Sep 1997, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

:On Friday, September 19, 1997 8:28 AM, Miroslav Silovic
:[SMTP:silovic at petra.zesoi.fer.hr] wrote:

:> I thought about addressing your flame point by point,

:Flame? You call that a flame? I don't think I ever specifically called your
:parentage, racial origin, sexual habits, or employment into the matter. Not
:like I know anything about any of them, but in a flame, what does it
:matter?

If perhaps less unreasoned than a flame, this post, and especially your
contributions, has been extremely inflamatory. You're almost as bad as
JCL, you know. I only say he's worse because he's clever enough to get
away with it without anyone being the wiser. (Er...)

:> Nor do I see any possibility of anything
:> even marginally useful coming out if this thread. Over and out.

:I'm coming to that conclusion too, and will probably go back to lurking.
:*shrug* Once again the community disappoints...

Your contributions and attempts to shake us up are often intelligent and
inspired. Unfortunately, your manner of delivery is too open and forward,
and tends to offend. Hmph. Besides, natural language parsers are too an
ideal solution, done properly. And there's nothing wrong with a well done
GUI.

--

"You? We can't take you," said the Dean, glaring at the Librarian.
"You don't know a thing about guerilla warfare." - Reaper Man,