[MUD-Dev] Usability and interface

Fri Sep 26 19:48:56 CEST 1997

[Maddy:]

:I think the best solution would be to stop the instant spell thing.  Casting
:a summon portal spell shouldn't take a second.  I want that MU to wave his
:arms about and sing the Happy woodcutters song until he's blue in the face
:before he gets a portal.  By which stage you've stabbed him in the back and
:long since left.

I think I'd prefer a setup where the more experienced/powerful a magic
user is, the quicker they can cast a given spell. So, someone who has
only just gained the ability to cast a portal spell would take quite a
while to do the cast/summon/carry/portal, but a much more experienced
magic user might manage it before the fighter could react and do something.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA