META: The web presence and wot it ain't gonna be

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Tue Apr 7 15:26:56 CEST 1998

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998 13:11:18 PST8PDT
Travis S Casey<efindel at io.com> wrote:

> Yes, but it need not be before-the-fact selection.  On a closed
> mailing list, it's easy to throw out those who won't abide by the
> stated policy.  (Which I think is fairly clearly stated right now in
> the invitation, and could be included in the initial message to new
> subscribers if we go "open".)

Writing as list owner,

  Yes its easy.  No, I don't want to be bothered with more than the rare
circumstance, and no I don't want the list to be subjected to the
noise while I notice and handle the offender.  I am not able to
monitor the list as closely as I used to.  I need systems that will
remain effective even with a more hands-off approach.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com