[MUD-Dev] META: Archive searching now works...

Bruce Mitchener ubmitche at mcs.drexel.edu
Thu Apr 16 18:49:11 CEST 1998

On April 16, 1998, JC Lawrence wrote:
> Writing as list owner:
>
>   The archives are now searchable.  Please see:
>
>     <URL:http://www.kanga.nu/~petidomo/lists/mud-dev/search.html>
>
>   Notes:
>
>     Most of the links that say "Search" on the other pages are broken.
> Sorry.  Go to the page directly for now.
>
>     Please beat on the search feature.  Try all the bells and
> whistles.  It seems to work, and work consistently, but I haven't
> stressed it or checked the details.  I had to give up on Wilma despite
> its nice (and runtime cheap) use of Glimpse (tho I will be using
> WebGlimpse for the site as a whole).

I did a search, got back a lot of results, but they point to files in
/home/petidomo/public_html/lists/... rather than /~petidomo/lists/...

Search in particular was for 'Cold', preferring older entries and had
pulled items from Wout's list and the early 97 archives.  modifying the
URL allowed me to see the articles.

Other than that, it looked good and seems to work nicely.

 - Bruce

--
Bruce Mitchener, Jr.
ubmitche at mcs.drexel.edu

Vote Monarchist!  (licensed from Black Unicorn <unicorn at schloss.li>)
Ego sum rex romanus, et super grammatica.