[MUD-Dev] Re: MAPPING: Creating a bitmaped graphic from map coordinates

John Bertoglio alexb at internetcds.com
Wed Apr 22 20:08:03 CEST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan F Yospe <yospe at hawaii.edu>
To: mud-dev at kanga.nu <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 1998 6:56 PM
Subject: [MUD-Dev] Re: MAPPING: Creating a bitmaped graphic from map
coordinates

:On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, John Bertoglio wrote:
:
::Graphic wizards please take a look at this problem. I suspect the
solution
::is trivial but it is beyond me!
:
::Here's the problem:
:
:First off, could you please, PLEASE not use that dual html mailing?
And for
:those who replied in the same - some of us DON'T use browsers to read
mail.

My mistake. Won't happen again.

:
:Second... why are you using text? And have you considered simply
casting it
:to a more reasonable data type for graphics? (That's what I do with a
large
:chunk of binary data that I have to transmit in ASCII for one of the
things
:I do at work... and likewise with a bunch of TIFF images. Don't ask,
it's a
:defense thing. Tax dollars at work.)
:--
The data is stored in a VisualFoxPro table as integers. Essentialy,
the system takes HTML form input and outputs database reports formated
in HTML. What I was hoping to to do was find a graphics format that
would accept a series of strings, something like:
1,1,FF0000,;1,2,00FFFF etc. where the first two numbers represented
the x,y coordinates and the next string the RGB hex values. I could
easily convert the coords to hex as well... Thank you for the help.

:
:Nathan F. Yospe - Aimed High, Crashed Hard, In the Hanger, Back
Flying Soon
:Jr Software Engineer, Textron Systems Division (On loan to Rocketdyne
Tech)
:(Temporarily on Hold) Student, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Physics
Dept.
:yospe#hawaii.edu nyospe#premier.mhpcc.af.mil
http://www2.hawaii.edu/~yospe/
:
:

--
MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.