[MUD-Dev] (fwd) CODE RELEASE: [client] Jcrossclient - java client to "crossfire"

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Thu Apr 23 14:38:06 CEST 1998

From: phil.s1 at bolthole.com.no-bots (Philip Brown)
Newsgroups: rec.games.mud.announce
Subject: CODE RELEASE: [client] Jcrossclient - java client to "crossfire"
Date: 23 Apr 1998 18:42:46 GMT

I am happy to announce the first public beta of "Jcrossclient", a java
client for the realtime, multiuser networked game "crossfire".

This java client lets you move around the 2-dimentional world(s) of crossfire,
hacking at monsters as you go, with your close personal net.friends in tow.
Overall, it's kind of a cross between the old arcade game "Gauntlet",
and the "Ultima" games.

There is now finally a public server for folks to connect to.
(Previously, you had to compile your own server)

Get details, and the client itself, from

http://www.bolthole.com/jcrossclient/

--
[trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
"initiating.. 'getting the hell out of here' maneouver" - Lennier, babylon5

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at null.net
(Contractor)                               Internet: coder at ibm.net
---------(*)                     Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com

MUD-Dev: Advancing an unrealised future.