[MUD-Dev] Finer points of Telnet programming ...

Jynx {Wyrm / Tygr / Myth} Ryn jynx_ryn at mindless.com
Sun Aug 23 00:28:55 CEST 1998

I have been programming on a circleMUD based MUD for about a
year now, and, well, I have ( and I admit this task is just
a slight bit nutty, but I feel I am in good company for it.
) recently taken intrest in programming a MUD from scratch,
and have been attempting to learn such things as database
handling, script parsing, handling time, multiple users, and
other such esoteric techniques. On my quest to build another
platform I have run into a building block. How does TELNET
programming WORK? For the life of me I can't figure it out.

I have the design of what I want in a mud ( vaguely
Diku-esque ), and have most of the rest of the stuff down.
If anybody can help me with TELNET ( C++ perferably, C
alternately ) I'd appreciate it greatly.

- Jynx Ryn
- The Complex Man with A Simple Signiture