[MUD-Dev] Re: Introduction

Mik Clarke mikclrk at ibm.net
Mon Dec 7 22:18:54 CET 1998

Chris Gray wrote:

> [Mik Clarke:]
>
> Welcome!
>
>  >I'm interested in discussing the structure of Mud type muds, role
>  >playing enhancements and Mob AIs.
>
> "Mud type muds"? Huh? What other type is there? Are your referring to
> some specific class of MUDs here?

Text based ones with autonomus mobs, as opposed to mass simulations or
3D graphics extravganzas.  I feel there's a lot of life left in text
based interfaces and that they give the best return on effort.  They
also tend to give far richer games than most of the graphical ones I've
seen.  Good text is fairly easy to do, but good graphics?

Mik
--
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/2260