[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD Design doc (long)

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Mon Dec 21 15:34:08 CET 1998

On Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:41:22 -0500
Benjamin D Wiechel<strycher at toast.net> wrote:

> IIRC, one of JCL's responses to this thread pointed out that
> getting programmers to document in the code, much less to write
> actual external documentation, and then to also convince them to
> keep it updated, is quite a daunting task.  It may be an
> impossible one.

Let's just say that there is a commercial OS out there in whose
source I made the following comment (faithfully checked in, thru
code review etc):

  /* I don't know what this code does, but I do know that it doesn't
do what the above comment says it does.  Exercise caution. */

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
(Contractor)                             Internet: coder at kanga.nu
---------(*)                    Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...