[MUD-Dev] OT: Linux g++

Thu Feb 12 18:00:03 CET 1998

[Greg Munt:]

:I have heard that EGCS (www.cygnus.com/egcs) is much better than g++,
:though I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Also, having (just now)
:looked at the FSF web site, I have found that gcc is now on version 2.8; I
:have 2.7.2. Does anyone know what/if improvements were made to the
:compiler's handling of the 3 C++ features specified above? Let's hope my
:comments don't still apply.

A friend of mine who uses g++ on Linux recently upgraded to 2.8. He says
it is the first version to even compile all of his programs. So, based
on that small sample, it seems to be a signficant improvement.

--
Chris Gray   cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA