[MUD-Dev] The MLI Project

Vadim Tkachenko vadimt at 4cs.com
Mon Feb 16 10:14:10 CET 1998

coder at ibm.net wrote:

> On 30/01/98 at 09:17 AM, Vadim Tkachenko <vadimt at 4cs.com> said:
>
> >About the graphical interface concept:
>
> >http://www.parc.xerox.com/istl/projects/MagicLenses/default.html
>
> >As always, just a flamebite - what do you think about it?
>
> It demonstrates the root of an idea I've long thought fascinating for a
> graphical MUD:
>
>   1) implement depth of field ala photography.
>
>   2) implement fuzzy peripheral vision as a performance optimisation and
> "reality" tweak".

For me, it also represents the concept of "sense" - say, beginner can
see the object just as it appears in a physical-only world, for the mage
it would be something more (maybe also different) - as you advance, you
gain more and more lenses you can observe the surrounding world through.

Makes sense only for a graphical interface, though...

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <VadimT at 4CS.Com>
--
UNIX _is_ user friendly, he's just very picky about who his friends are