[MUD-Dev] Moore's Law sucks (was: 3D graphics)

Alex Oren alexo at bigfoot.com
Mon Feb 16 10:14:23 CET 1998

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 20:24:04 PST8PDT, Brandon J. Rickman wrote:

} On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 16:24:56, Mike Sellers <mike at online-alchemy.com> wrote:
} >-- Moore's Law still rules. :)
}
} The tiresome Moore's Law rhetoric.  I made a feint at this topic on
} another thread (actually it might have been this one...) but Mike's
} convenient rehash has given me a new opening.
}
} Moore's Law: the computational power of computers doubles every <make
} up a number between 12 and 60> months.

AFAIR, Moore's Law stated that the number of transistors on a chip would
double every 18 months.  Nothing about "computational power".

--
Have fun,
Alex.