[MUD-Dev] Totally OT... (Or is it?) (yes it is ;)

Sat Jan 10 18:26:52 CET 1998

Adam Wiggins <nightfall at user1.inficad.com> wrote:
>> I never expected the majority on the list to agree with me, simply
>> because the list is heavly biased.
>
>What you mean to say is that you already knew that many members of the
>list had a different view from you.  Saying 'biased' seems to imply
>that this view is somehow unreasonable.

Actually, I would rather say, I suspected many members had different
views.  The bias does of course refer to "computer science oriented
programmers and admins".

>This is part of the reason I haven't responded to many of your posts;
>nationalistic setiments tend to put me off.  (Certainly this isn't the
>first time this list has witnessed heavy amounts of US-bashing, though.)

Oh, I am not US-bashing per se.  See a lot of good stuff out there
too.

>those in the US have a significant impact?  I think you're argument here
>would hold more credibility if you insulting England for a while, I'm

I have already insulted the UK!  Don't complain!

>This is freedom.  One can run ones business how one likes, within reason.

I don't believe in freedom at a higher level than on an individual
level when there is a conflict.

I skip the rest, I don't see any point in taking the subject further.

[...]

>> That aside, it is the owner's (ultimatly "owner of the company")
>> responsibility to make sure (enforce) that his system's moral is both
>> legal and user friendly.
>
>I don't have any problem with this at all.  However, *I* get to define
>are moral and user friendly.  (Legal is normally left up to my

!!!

*shrug*

[...]

Ola.