[MUD-Dev] Unique items

Vadim Tkachenko vadimt at 4cs.com
Mon Jan 12 11:40:20 CET 1998

Jon A. Lambert wrote:

> I have properties in the objects which indicate their coverage area
> or wear location (sound familar :> ) except my wear locations are
> dependent upon the anatomy that the object was design for.  Multiple
> areas of coverage can occur.  Thus, the pants cover both thighs and
> lower legs, lower abdomen and rear.  Each object has a transparency
> property; transparent, translucent or opaque.  I allow 4 layers and

Just an abstract note -

This rings a bell immediately: Why 4? Why not 3 or 5? Don't be confused,
I've read your Web page named 'Specifications for Wear Location System'
really careful, and I like the idea, actually, I love the idea, but see
- there's a common curse to limit ourselves to specific numbers, instead
of abstract.

OK, let me put it this way:

- Let's pretend there are N layers instead of 4.
- What logical/physical layers are there, other than 4 mentioned?
- What would be the object placement rule for an object?

Also, there's a chance for a number 28 to change, too - let's pretend a
gauntlet has an extra hook to hang the car keys on it, which just adds
29th location, and so on.

> they are described from the outermost to inner most, being blocked
> or modified by the transparency property or described differently
> when partially blocked by lesser coverage of outer layered objects.

Also, just in unlikely case you've forgotten, if something heavy hits
you, you may get

- a dent on your chain mail
- crushed alchogol bottle stashed in its inner pocket (btw, one more
wear location)
- some bruise on your chest
- add by taste

--