[MUD-Dev] The impact of the web on muds

Michael Hohensee michael at mainstream.net
Thu Jan 22 12:01:21 CET 1998

Ling wrote:

> Talking about cartoons, I've been quietly advocating a move towards less
> photorealistic 3D graphics in favour of something more cartoonie.
> Ideally, invent an engine to display manga-like 3D graphics, the best
> current example would be Mario64 and perhaps Paparra the Rapper (sp?).

I'd suggest that you take a look at Final Fantasy VII.  They have some
seriously good graphics, although they do in fact aim for a "cartoonie"
look.  (like japanimation, naturally)...    *MUCH* better than Mario64,
IMHO, though I've never seen Paparra the Rapper.

Of course, they can do this because they're running off of a CD-ROM. :)

Michael Hohensee       michael at mainstream.net
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/9025/
      Finger me for my PGP Public Key, or use:
http://sparta.mainstream.net/michael/pgpkey.txt