[MUD-Dev] Clients

Andrew Wilson a.wilson at elsevier.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 12:02:41 CET 1998

Matt Chatterley:
> If you could have a client interact with your server in *one particular
> fashion* to accomplish *one particular goal*, what would that goal be, and
> in what fashion would it be approached?

A bit of a difficult one to answer.  To paraphrase, which single
feature of a client is indispensable, apart from the basic 'I type it
in here, it comes out here'?  I'd say the abaility to handle
out-of-band communication, which facilitates a whole heap of wonderful
things, like GUIs and the rest.  For preference I'd use an OOB protocol
like MCP which can be mixed freely with for-the-eyes text.  It's
simple, doesn't require any great processing power to utilise and is
expressive enough to get a lot of useful stuff done.

Everything else is eye-candy. ;)

> 	-Matt Chatterley

Cheers,
Ay.