[MUD-Dev] Re: WIRED: Kilers have more fun

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 8 00:58:20 CEST 1998

On 29 Jun 98, Koster, Raph wrote:
> [...]

The youth argument is rational and understandable and as a
consequence of youth those that are married would be less common.

I can't quite grasp the logic that being white and male would be
disadvantageous to creating online societies.  Are you postulating
that black females will have more success at creating online
societies?

> I think we have to share the blame. For that matter, I don't consider it
> "blame" as such as a plain old recognition of facts. I do not think the
> average Internet gamer who plays a mud is ready for self-governance. I
> also do not think the average real world citizen is fully engaged with
> their local community or participates in THEIR governance either. Did
> you vote in your last local election? I didn't, and thus I am pointing a
> finger at myself as well.  I am not saying that I have all the answers.

How do you both define self-governance on muds?
The absence of administration interference?  Or something else?

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--