[MUD-Dev] Re: Databases: was Re: skill system

s001gmu at nova.wright.edu s001gmu at nova.wright.edu
Wed Jul 8 16:06:03 CEST 1998

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, J C Lawrence wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jun 1998 00:45:42 -0400 (EDT)
> s001gmu <s001gmu at nova.wright.edu> wrote:
>
> > The first statement is true if you are porting the code bases list
> > in the second statement.  We, however, are working on something less
> > ambitious.  Building a compiler into my code is a bit beyond my
> > capabilities and desires ATM.
>
> Two upfront areas worth investigating:

<Python and CINT>

Thanks for the references.  I will poke around at them eventually.  For
now tho, the las part of my last sentance above still holds.  Adding a
compiler into my code is a bit beyond my capabilites and _desires_ ATM.

I really don't _want_ a run-time programmable game.  I am perfectly
content with recompiles and reboots.  For now.  Once I get something
working that I am happy with, maybe I will see about writing up something
else that is more flexible.

For now, though, I need to concentrate on my new job (working for Logicon
Technical Services, Inc, on the USAF's F-16 flight simulators), and the
_PILE_ of books I got for graduation (among them Design Patters and
Anti-Patterns), as well as trying getting something accomplished on the
project.  Needless to say, I will be a little more quiet on the list than
usual.

-Greg